Sidpec: 60% of production will target local market

Egyptian company aims to produce 220,000 tonne of PE by year end

The company aims to export 40% of its throughput.
The company aims to export 40% of its throughput.

Egypt's Sidi Kerir Petrochemicals Company "Sidpec" is targeting the production of 220,000 tonnes of polyethylene and 275,000 tonnes of ethylene according to Ashraf Bahaa eL-Din el-Bakly chairman and CEO of the company.

“About 60% of our production will be allocated for local market, while the remaining 40% will for destined for exports,” el-Bakly told local news paper Youm 7.

El-Bakly said that his company has completed the establishing the Egyptian Company for Ethylene and Derivatives in cooperation with the Holding Company for Petrochemicals and Egyptian Gas Company “GASCO” with a total investment of US$8bn. “We control 20% stack of the new company,” the CEO was quoted as saying.

The CEO said that the investments will be financed from 65 % loans and the remaining 35 % of finance, adding that Sidi Kerir’s stake will include ethylene plant’s license with 460.000 tonne amount to $8.9m as well as Butadiene unit with 20.000 tonne a year, in addition to lands purchased in the past few years.

Sidpec is a joint stock company and produces ethylene and polyethylene.

For all the latest refining and petrochemical news from the Middle East countries, follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn, like us on Facebook.

MOST POPULAR